Citizens for Shakespeare
At the Free For All
Details for the Citizens for Shakespeare program at the 2015 Free For All will be available later this spring.
Citizens for Shakespeare at the Free for All (formerly Students for Shakespeare) provides priority access to Shakespeare’s plays for disadvantaged populations and young people, groups who too often have only limited exposure to live theatre. Participating groups receive reserved tickets to Free for All and Play Guides, free of charge and before they become available to the public. At Sidney Harman Hall, Citizens for Shakespeare groups will receive advance seating and will be announced as special guests of the Shakespeare Theatre Company.
Who qualifies for Citizens for Shakespeare?
- Community organizations for disadvantaged individuals, such as: Big Brothers Big Sisters, The Arc, groups for underserved populations, groups for individuals with disabilities
- Student groups for grades 12 and under, such as: homeschools, debate or theatre clubs, after-school programs
- This program is not meant for: general group reservations, staff of non-profits, clubs for adults
How many tickets can I reserve?
- Each group must have at least 10 attendees, and may reserve no more than 50 tickets.
- For student groups, there must be at least 1 chaperone for every 10 students.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a teacher or school group looking for free or discounted tickets to our shows, click here to learn about our SHAKESPEARIENCE Student Matinee Program. There will be a SHAKESPEARIENCE Student Matinee for The Winter’s Tale on Thursday, August 28 at 10 a.m.
Important Notes for Citizens for Shakespeare:
- To qualify for Citizens for Shakespeare, your group must consist of students in grades 12 and under, or members of community groups for disadvantaged populations. Each group must have at least 10 attendees. STC Education reserves the right to determine whether your organization qualifies.
- Group reservations are not guaranteed until you receive written confirmation from STC Education via email.
- Only select dates are available for Citizens for Shakespeare reservations.
- By requesting tickets for your group, you agree to serve as the group leader. All correspondence and/or communication must come directly from you. It is your responsibility to pick up and distribute all of your group's tickets on the day of your performance.
- Tickets will not be mailed. Your tickets will be available for pickup at Sidney Harman Hall two (2) hours prior to the performance start time. Tickets will be held by the Education staff in the Citizens for Shakespeare designated area inside the lobby of Sidney Harman Hall. Because of the large numbers of attendees, the box office cannot hold portions of your group's tickets for latecomers. All tickets returned to the box office are redistributed to the public.
- If Citizens for Shakespeare tickets are not picked up 15 minutes before the performance start time, they will be released and distributed to the public. The great demand for tickets for these performances means that this deadline will be strictly enforced.
- If you or any member of your group needs special accommodations or assistance, please inform us when you send in your reservation.