In accordance with Shakespeare Theatre Company’s response to COVID-19, the Engagement and Education department has adjusted or modified our program offerings, please refer to here
for our latest policy.
Education puts STC’s mission into action, producing a variety of school, community, training, and audience programming to create and preserve classic theatre and to connect the universality of classic works to our shared human experience in the modern world.
DC Commission on the Arts & Humanities, which receives support from the National Endowment for the Arts
Paul M. Angell Family Foundation
Michael and Maureen McMurphy and the Patrick Michael McMurphy Memorial Foundation
Shakespeare in American Communities
C. Maury Devine
Marshall B. Coyne Foundation
Lorraine S. Dreyfuss Theatre Education Fund
Mark & Carol Hyman Fund
Julie M. Feinsilver
The Jacob and Charlotte Lehrman Foundation
The Morningstar Foundation
Nora Roberts Foundation
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
In accordance with Shakespeare Theatre Company’s response to COVID-19, the Engagement and Education department has adjusted or modified the following program offerings:Classes
- Fall Classes for Adults will be offered both online and in person; please check the website for the sessions starting September 13 and November 1.
- Fall Classes for Youth and Teens will be offered in person; please check the website for the sessions starting September 14 and November 2.
- This summer Camp Shakespeare will take place in both online and in person sessions. If you are already registered for Camp, please fill out this form to let us know your preferences for participating in Virtual Camp Shakespeare and for reallocating your tuition savings.
- If you have any questions regarding Virtual Camp Shakespeare, please contact Associate Director of Engagement and Education Julane Havens at JHavens@ShakespeareTheatre.org
If you have any questions, please contact STC Engagement and Education via email at ContactEDU@ShakespeareTheatre.org.
- All Community Engagement programming such as Free Will, Citizens for Shakespeare and Happenings at the Harman have been canceled for the remainder of the 2019/20 Season. Groups with confirmed reservations and performers with scheduled performances will be contacted and invited to return when programming resumes.
- All Audience Enrichment programming such as Group Tours, Shake Flow, ASIDESLive, and Salon have been canceled for the remainder of the 2019/20 Season.
- Stay tuned for additional digital and online content reflecting our connections with community partners and previous events. These videos will be uploaded to our social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.