STC Student Ambassadors
Shakespeare Theatre Company Student Ambassadors (STC Student Ambassadors) are students from Washington-area high schools and universities who act as direct liaisons between the Shakespeare Theatre Company and their school campuses. Ambassadors spread the word about the Company’s productions, budget-friendly tickets, special events and audience-enrichment programming to their campuses.
What's in it for me?
As an STC Student Ambassador, you’ll receive complimentary tickets and invitations for you and a guest to exclusive events at the theatre, where you are invited to network with peers, local actors and theatre staff.
Other benefits include:
- Being a part of the nation’s leading classical theatre
- Interacting with other local students at STC Student Ambassador social events (held twice a year)
- Receiving a 10% discount on Master Acting Classes
What’s in it for STC?
STC Student Ambassadors are asked to do three of the following for each production (in addition to attending the performances):
- Print out and post STC production fliers on school campuses, in local coffee shops, community centers, etc. (must send picture of posted flier to Volunteer Coordinator)
- Forward complimentary or reduced price ticket offers to friends, class listservs, etc. (must copy Volunteer Coordinator on email)
- Share reviews, events and stories from STC Facebook page on personal Facebook page and other social media outlets
- Send show info out to school newspapers (must copy Volunteer Coordinator on all correspondence)
- Promote group sales offers to classes, clubs, teams, on-campus groups, teachers, etc.
- Write a review of our production for school newspaper or personal blog (must send review to Volunteer Coordinator)
- Help staff events such as street festivals, open rehearsals and camp fairs.
How can I sign up?
We'd love to have you on our team! Students interested in becoming an STC Student Ambassador should apply here. Once the application is received, a phone interview with the Volunteer Coordinator will be scheduled.