A Day Where the World Comes Together to Give
Following Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday is an unprecedented global movement of generosity taking place on December 3, 2019. #GivingTuesday is a great opportunity to experience the joy of giving back while collaborating with other theatre lovers over social media to inspire even more giving!
Ticket sales cover only 40% of program and production costs at the Shakespeare Theatre Company. By donating this #GivingTuesday YOU can help us bridge the gap and continue creating the extraordinary theatre you have come to love. As we head into a new and exciting season, we recognize that the DC community is truly special, and we thank you all for helping us blossom into the organization we have become.
Why should you support STC on #GivingTuesday?
- Your gift will be matched! The Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation has issued the 2019 Matching Challenge and will match your new or upgraded donation dollar for dollar—doubling the impact of your gift to STC up to $65,000.
- You will become a co-producer! Enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you’ve taken a larger role in ensuring STC’s mission to create, preserve and promote classic theatre for all audiences.
- You will enhance your theatrical experience! By becoming a Member, you will receive exclusive access to Membership benefits and go “behind the curtain” of the shows you love.
Our gift to you:
- Become a new or upgraded Shakespeare Star ($120-$1,799) and receive a special chocolate bar from Café Chocolat.
- Become a new or upgraded Artistic Circle Member ($1,800+) and receive a special production poster from Peter Pan and Wendy, autographed by the cast.
How can you help spread the word about #GivingTuesday?
Start a conversation at work, at home, with your friends or on social media. Use @ShakespeareinDC and the hashtag #GivingTuesday to talk about charitable giving and why you support your favorite organizations, like the Shakespeare Theatre Company.