About STC Education
UPDATES FROM STC ENGAGEMENT AND EDUCATION
In accordance with Shakespeare Theatre Company’s response to COVID-19, the Engagement and Education department has adjusted or modified the following program offerings:
- Classes will now be offered online starting April 27; please check the website for Spring Classes.
- Teen classes will also be offered digitally. Upcoming workshops will now be held virtually via Zoom:
- Contemporary Scene Study on Saturday, April 18 and Saturday, April 25
- Acting on Camera on Saturday, May 2 and Saturday, May 9
- One-day professional development intensives will now be offered online. This four-hour version of STC’s popular Acting for Business Professionals class can be combined with a one-hour private coaching session. Please visit the website for details and to register.
- Stay tuned for additional digital and online content reflecting our connections with community partners and previous events. These videos will be uploaded to our social media channels: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Currently, Camp Shakespeare will take place as scheduled. STC Engagement and Education will continue to monitor developments regarding COVID-19 and update registered campers and parents/guardians on any decisions impacting summer 2020 by May 29.
- Summer Intensive auditions will now be held virtually via Zoom on the rescheduled audition dates:
- Saturday, April 18
- Saturday, April 25.
- An email will be sent to those signed up for an audition with additional details by Friday, April 3. If students are unable to audition through Zoom, they may email a video audition.
If you have any questions regarding Camp Shakespeare, please contact New Generations Manager, Julane Havens, at jhavens@ShakespeareTheatre.org
- All SHAKESPEARIENCE student matinees and Text Alive! workshops have been canceled for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season. Participating schools will be contacted to make arrangements for next season. Schools currently contracted for Artists in the Classroom residencies will be contacted to determine best course of action, reflective of school cancellations.
- All Community Engagement programming such as Free Will, Citizens for Shakespeare and Happenings at the Harman have been canceled for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season. Groups with confirmed reservations and performers with scheduled performances will be contacted and invited to return when programming resumes.
- All Audience Enrichment programming such as Group Tours, Shake Flow, Asides Live and Salon have been canceled for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season.
If you have any questions, please contact STC Engagement and Education via email at ContactEDU@ShakespeareTheatre.org.