New York Donor Trip
Join STC for a Theatre Weekend in New York
Friday, January 27 – Sunday, January 29, 2017
In close proximity to our beloved and vibrant theater city of Washington, D.C., New York City offers Shakespeare Theatre Company’s dearest friends myriad opportunities to experience classical and other forms of theater while enjoying the city’s many other treasures, both culinary and cultural. Join Artistic Director Michael Kahn for a stimulating weekend of play-going, including The Liar, directed by Michael himself. Other plays included on the itinerary for this enriching weekend are The Present starring Cate Blanchett and an all-female production of The Tempest. A detailed itinerary is below.
Dates: January 27 – January 29, 2017
Total Duration: 3 days
The weekend includes seats to 4 Broadway/Off-Broadway productions, brunch on Saturday, January 28 and Sunday, January 29, dinner on Friday, January 27 and Saturday, January 28 and lodging for Friday, January 27 (evening) through Sunday, January 29 (morning) at the Marriott Renaissance in Manhattan.
Pricing structure is as follows:
- $1,750 per person (single room) OR
- $2,400 per couple (shared room)
- Wednesday, October 12 – Producer Level $10,000 and up
- Tuesday, October 18 – Sponsor Level $5,000 and up
- Tuesday, October 25 – Benefactor $1,500 and up
- Tuesday, November 1 – Stars $75 and up
Space is very limited. To take advantage of this trip and access tickets on an earlier sale date, you can upgrade your membership online.
To reserve your spot, a deposit of $875 (single room) or $1,200 (shared room) is required. Contact Clare Klanderman, Major Gifts Officer at 202.547.3230 ext. 2327 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book your trip.
*Please note that guests are responsible for their transportation costs to and from NY. Buses will be provided for guests to use to travel from each venue on Saturday, January 28. This trip is non-refundable and the performances are subject to change.*
Friday, January 27
- 5:00-7:00pm: Welcome Reception at the Marriott Marquis
- 7:30pm: The Present (Ethel Barrymore Theatre, 243 West 47th St. New York, NY 10036). Directed by John Crowley. Two time Oscar winner, Cate Blanchett makes her Broadway premiere
Saturday, January 28
- 11:30am: Brunch at Brooklyn Law School hosted by President, Joseph Crea Dean and Professor of Law Nicholas Allard.
- 2:00pm: The Tempest (St. Ann’s Warehouse, 45 Water St. Brooklyn, NY 11201). American premiere directed by Phyllida Lloyd and featuring Harriet Walter
- Evening performance: The Liar (Classic Stage Company, 136 East 16th St. New York, NY 10003). Directed by Michael Kahn
Sunday, January 29
- 12:30pm: Lunch at the Russian Tea Room with cast and artistic members of Natasha, Pierre and The Great Comet of 1812
- 3:00pm: Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 (Imperial Theatre, 249 West 45th St. New York, NY 10036). Directed by Rachel Chavkin. Featuring Josh Groban in his Broadway debut