Live. Learn. Work.
Join us at the Shakespeare Theatre Company.
- Experience Washington, D.C., a vibrant, metropolitan city with a thriving cultural scene.
- Reside in fully-furnished apartments located on historic Capitol Hill, provided to out-of-town, year-long interns and fellows rent-free with utilities included, subject to availability.
- Receive a weekly stipend of $150 to help defray the cost of living expenses.
- Get up close and personal with designers, cast and crew of mainstage productions and programs during exclusive events like First Rehearsal presentations, Invited Dress Rehearsals and Opening Nights.
- Receive free or reduced-price tickets to attend performances and exhibits at area theatres and cultural institutions.
- Gain invaluable experience working in a major LORT B+ Equity theatre featuring the state-of-the-art Sidney Harman Hall and the intimate Lansburgh Theatre.
- Engage in seminars led by members of our senior staff, including Artistic Director Michael Kahn.
- Hone your craft through hands-on, practical experience.
- Bridge the gap between your academic experience and a career in professional theatre.
- Interact with nationally and internationally renowned theatre artists and professionals.
- Contribute to the diverse and thriving community of artisans and administrators at the foremost classical theatre in the United States.
- Make lasting, professional connections in the industry.