How to Apply
- Fellowship candidates should submit only current headshot/resume to: Acting Fellowships, Shakespeare Theatre Company, 516 Eighth Street SE, Washington, DC 20003.
All Internships and Non-Acting Fellowships
- Candidates should submit: a completed application form, a current resume, three references and a cover letter that includes the specific internship they are applying for, dates of availability and responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an internship at this time? Why have you chosen the Shakespeare Theatre Company?
- What qualities, skills and interests make you the best candidate for this internship?
- What are your career goals? How does an internship at the Shakespeare Theatre Company help you to achieve them?
Additional Application Materials Required
- Intern/fellow candidates for Artistic, Directing, Development, Education, PR/Marketing and Theatre Management should include a 3-5 page writing sample or excerpt. Writing samples can be academic in nature, formal critiques, essays, press releases, grant evaluations/proposals, original lesson plans/curriculum or director’s notes. Candidates should avoid submitting creative writing samples such as script excerpts or poetry.
- Intern candidates for Costume, Electrics, Graphic Design, Production Management, Sound, Stage Properties, Stage Management and Technical Direction should include portfolio samples (in place of a writing sample). These samples can include attachments to photos/files or links to online portfolios. Candidates should avoid submitting originals or large, hard-copy portfolio items.
Apprenticeships and Summer Internships
- Apprenticeship candidates should make sure to indicate that the application is being submitted for consideration for an Apprenticeship and indicate the specific department (as there is no general apprenticeship). Additionally, apprenticeship candidates should note the span of time s/he is available for.
- Summer internship candidates should make sure to indicate that the application is being submitted for consideration for a Summer Education Internship.
To Submit an Application
Send completed application via postal service to:
Internships and Fellowships
Shakespeare Theatre Company
516 Eighth Street SE
Washington, DC 20003
Due to the high volume of applications, please do not call or email as STC Education will not be able to return phone calls and emails in a timely manner. All candidates will receive email verification of receipt (please allow 1-2 weeks for processing).
Applications are due April 1, 2013.