Mondays, January 28 through March 11, 2019 (No Class on President’s Day, February 18)
Prior Experience: Some experience recommended but not required.
Find the inspiration you need to take your auditions to the next level. Audition Techniques covers all aspects of the audition process: monologue selection and preparation, audition etiquette, techniques for preparing audition sides, and ways to get seen by casting professionals. Throughout, actors will receive individual coaching from Gregory Wooddell, Affiliated Artist at the Shakespeare Theatre Company. Participants should come prepared with a monologue they have used in prior auditions.
Gregory Wooddell, STC Affiliated Artist
Last Seen In at STC: The Comedy of Errors
Seen Around DC at: Signature Theatre, Round House Theatre, Arena Stage
What His Students Say:
• “Gregory is a wonderful instructor! He makes students feel safe to work.”
• “Gregory is very knowledgeable and helpful—an outstanding teacher with a true love for performing.”
• “Loved Greg. High marks all around. Really good at understanding what actor can use to help get into character. Good at criticism without being undermining. Best teacher I’ve had.”
• “Great instructor, wonderful insights and great acting suggestions. Very relaxed, good group spirit.”
• “Greg is terrific! I’ve loved every minute of this class. He challenges us without making us feel as if we are beginners which most of us are. He knows how to bring out the best in everyone.”